Solo Printing is looking for an associate to enhance its existing accounting team and to provide other operational functions. Accounting at Solo Printing is no different than at any manufacturing operation that has inventory, accounts payable and accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger accounting. We want to hire someone who has training and experience on that side of business. Additionally, the person we hire will assist others, and maybe even lead the way, in operational areas such as compliance with rules and regulations of a variety of government agencies, customer credit management, vendor management, and employee welfare and benefits. Solo Printing is not a mom-and-pop print shop and has the dynamics and excitement of a business moving forward. You can move with it.
- Manages and monitors accounting personnel.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of transactions in the general ledger.
- Controls accounting activity including billing, receivables, payables, customer credit checks, inventory values, fixed assets, depreciation schedules, and any tax activity for federal, state, and local agencies including filing monthly sales tax.
- Is responsible for month-end and year-end “closing of the books” and manages related activities of employees involved in that process.
- Prepares and distributes financial reports and statements; explains variances, adjustments, and financial impacts of transactions; provides analyses of results.
- Administers the accounting activities of non-Solo-Printing entities as required.
- Ensures that insurance costs are reflected correctly in the general ledger.
- Is responsible for maintaining rental leases for the buildings.
- Manages plant security functions and is liaison with the security company.
- Manages and monitors equipment warranties and permit management including DERM and MDC.
- Maintains Solo Printing’s business credit profile including for Dun & Bradstreet and for vendors that require financial information in accordance with’ Solo Printing’s policies regarding confidentiality.
- Receives, reviews, completes, and submits timely all government surveys, reports, and requests for information, such as commodity flow surveys, business surveys, and economic census surveys.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting a plus
- 10-15 years of accounting experience
- Organizational Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Analysis and Solving Ability
- Salary $60,000-$70,000 plus discretionary bonus
- Medical, Vision & Dental insurance
- 401K Plan after 1 year
- Personal time off
- Opportunity for Growth
This is not a remote position – candidate is required to work at the office 8:00am-5:00pm and possibly extra time depending on workload