As we approach July 9th, 2023, businesses and individuals across the United States are bracing themselves for the upcoming postage increase by the United States Postal Service (USPS). In this blog post, we will explore the details of the USPS postage increase and provide you with essential information to help navigate these changes effectively.
USPS periodically adjusts its postage rates to keep up with inflation, operational costs, and the evolving landscape of the mailing industry. The forthcoming postage increase, effective July 9th, 2023, aims to ensure the continued viability of the USPS while maintaining its commitment to serving the United States.
Below you will find the rate changes:
First Class Regular
- 1 ounce stamped letter size pieces will increase to $0.66 each
- 1 ounce metered letter size will increase to $0.63 each
- 1 ounce Flats size pieces will increase to $1.35 each
First Class Presorted
- Mixed AADC letters will increase to $0.561 each
- Mixed AADC cards will increase to $0.388 each
- Mixed ADC Presorted flats will increase to $1.234 each
- Mixed AADC Letters will increase to $0.381 each
- Mixed ADC Flats will increase to $0.976 each
- Mixed AADC Letters will increase to $0.226 each
- Mixed ADC Flats will increase to $0.751 each
Don’t let these changes scare you! Direct mail remains a top marketing effort for companies to share their brand messages and leave a lasting impression.
Navigating the Postage Increase: While the USPS postage increase may pose challenges, there are steps you can take to mitigate its impact:
- Preplanning for Cost Management: The upcoming postal rate increase highlights the significance of preplanning when it comes to managing your mailing and shipping expenses. By anticipating and strategizing your mailings ahead of time, you can mitigate the impact of the rate changes and ensure cost efficiency.
- Participate in the USPS 2023 Available Promotions: The Postal Service is offering 4 promotional discounts from July through the end of this year.
- The promotions focus on Emerging Technology, Reply Mail IMba, Informed Delivery, and Retargeting Mail. You can learn more about these promotions by submitting a contact form to Solo.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Understanding the new postage rates enables you to accurately budget and forecast your mailing expenditures. By incorporating these adjustments into your financial planning, you can maintain transparency and control over your mailing costs.
- Timely Deliveries: Planning ahead allows you to ensure that your important mailings and packages reach their destinations without any delays. By considering the new rates and adjusting your timelines accordingly, you can maintain the reliable and timely delivery of your correspondence and shipments.
- Stay Informed: Regularly check the USPS website or subscribe to their mailing lists to receive updates on any changes or revisions to the postage rates. This will help you stay ahead and make informed decisions regarding your mailing strategies.
The 2023 USPS postage increase, set to take effect on July 9th, represents a necessary adjustment to accommodate rising costs and sustain the vital services provided by the USPS. While the changes may present challenges, careful planning and exploring alternative options can help individuals and businesses navigate the increased costs and adapt their mailing strategies accordingly.
By staying informed and proactive, you can ensure that your mailing processes continue to run smoothly in the evolving landscape of the postal industry.
You can learn more about the USPS changes by clicking this link: https://faq.usps.com/s/article/2023-Postage-Price-Changes